What is Transmath ?
TransMath Third Edition is a comprehensive math intervention curriculum that targets middle and high school students who lack the foundational skills necessary for entry into algebra and/or who are two or more years below grade level in math. Using a dual-topic approach, TransMath improves math skills by emphasizing fewer topics in greater depth while accelerating students to more advanced math, from number sense to rational numbers, to understanding algebra. Students who struggle with math will find new concept mastery and confidence with TransMath.
The Transmath Approach
- Whole-class, interactive-learning is facilitated by providing access to digital tools to increase opportunities for mathematical discourse and peer learning
- Explicit instruction and multisensory strategies deepen conceptual understanding and build problem-solving proficiency
- Students and teachers have eBook access to support their learning while also providing greater interaction
- Math lessons and models are embedded to support teacher preparation and strengthen teacher content knowledge
- ESSA evidence level: Strong
TransMath benefits students in grades 5–10 who require immediate support in building the foundational skills necessary for successful entry into algebra. This includes any student scoring two or more years below grade level on state standardized tests. TransMath also supports teachers with strategies, such as differentiation, and structured lessons to help meet the needs of these students.
The revisions in TransMath Third Edition reflect more rigorous math standards and recent math research. Key features include:
- New models to support deep understanding of math topics Brightspace
- New problem-solving strategies using math tools
- Stronger transition to algebra readiness with an earlier introduction of algebra and more advanced algebra concepts
- Dual-topic approach
- Fewer topics in greater depth
- Acceleration toward grade-level mathematics
- Strong teacher support with lesson-by-lesson models
- New digital components to increase interactivity and streamline materials
- Teacher and student access to all content digitally
- Digital manipulatives to enhance learning
- TeacherTalk Tutorials reinforce lesson concepts using narrated, animated visual models
- Interactive Click-Thrus use visual models to concretely develop concepts
- Online extension and reinforcement activities
Transmath login guide
Go to the following link : https://transmath.voyagersopris.com/logon
Fill in your username and password and click on the login button. If you forgot your password, you can click on the text link “forgot username or password” above the login button.
If you hesitate about Transmath, you can download sample lessons from Transmath here : https://www.voyagersopris.com/math/transmath/try-it