What is FLVS ?
Florida Virtual School (FLVS) was founded in 1997 as the first statewide Internet-based public high school in the United States. In 2000, FLVS was established as an independent educational entity by the Florida Legislature. Recognized as its own district within the state, it provides online instruction to Florida students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. According to its website, “FLVS is part of the Florida public education system and serves students in all 67 Florida districts. FLVS also serves students, schools, and districts around the nation through tuition-based instruction, curriculum provision, and training.” As a public school, its funding is tied directly to student performance.
FLVS Flex offers freedom in the form of online Kindergarten-12th grade subjects with courses tailored to your needs. Study when and where you want – at home from the comfort of your couch, during a free period at school, or while traveling over summer break. Whether you’re a homeschooler or a traditional public or private school student, FLVS can enhance your education. UMLBlackboard
For parents and families seeking a flexible virtual option for students in Kindergarten – 5th grade, FLVS Flex Elementary offers a variety of subjects and instructional support from certified teachers.
FLVS Flex can help you:
- Plan and personalize your education
- Get ahead on your courses
- Make up course credit
- Explore an interesting elective not offered at your school
- Earn an industry certification
- Complete courses to free up next year’s schedule
- Fulfill online graduation requirements
FLVS Full Time
FLVS Full Time is all about structured flexibility. As a fully accredited online public school for Kindergarten-12th grade, FLVS Full Time offers comprehensive, full-time, tuition-free learning for all Florida students. Students follow a fixed, 180-day school year schedule from August to June. In addition, students who meet district graduation requirements are able to receive a Florida diploma from FLVS Full Time.
Our students take a standard public school course load of six courses per semester and participate in state testing (including EOCs and FSAs). Courses are available 24/7 online, so students can study any time and any place. Our certified teachers provide one-on-one attention and are available online, by phone, email, or text. Students connect with peers through online clubs and in-person activities. ATTHR
Whether you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional classroom or a way to balance travel, sports, and hobbies, FLVS Full Time offers dynamic learning experiences that lead to a high school diploma. With FLVS Full Time, you can:
- Enjoy a structured schedule with built-in flexibility
- Balance unique educational needs
- Choose from core, elective and specials, honors, and AP courses
- Earn college credit through dual enrollment opportunities with Polk State College or the University of Florida
- Explore interests through student clubs and activities
- Earn your high school diploma
- Enrollment typically opens in the spring for the upcoming school year and as needed in the fall for spring semester.
FLVS login guide
First, click on the following link : https://www.flvs.net/
On the top right of the homepage, select login and click on FLVS Flex or FLVS Full Time.
You will have to fill in your username and password, and click on the login button. If you forgot your username or password, you can click on the text links “forgot username/forgot password” and then you will retrieve your password.